[Samba] Problems printing lanscape on SAMBA advertized printers

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Mon Aug 14 22:37:34 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm having a problem with some model of HP printers (specifically 5Ms
and 8100s) not printing landscape when accessed via SAMBA (version
3.0.14a-2).   The problem is actually visible in print preview on the
windows box.  But have the same computer print to the printer directly
and there's no problem. I'm presuming this has something to do with the
way SAMBA interfaces with the windows drivers.

Drivers are installed the easy way by unzipping them on a PC, and
letting windows actually upload the driver to the server.

I'm truly baffled and so I hope someone else has seen this problem and
gotten through it.

Thanks,
Rob