[Samba] Compiling and Configuring Samba for Mandrival

David Rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Fri Aug 11 03:14:17 GMT 2006

Wait, stop!

    While all of the following information is correct, I am having problems
with 3.0.23b. 3.0.23a works just fine. Before installing 3.0.23b, see the
thread "[Samba] 3.0.20 -> 3.0.23 SID/group error?? Won't connect."

(http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/compiling.html)

> 6.    Now you need to configure the makefile. This is simple, the only
pain
> in the butt is making sure you have the right configure parameters for
> Mandriva to keep the various pieces of samba from being scattered all over
> your disto. (i.e. smb.conf in /usr/lib ???)
>
>        simply run:

./configure --prefix=/usr --infodir=/usr/share --mandir=/usr/share --with-co

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC