[Samba] Setup Windows XP to print to CUPS printer on FC5

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Thu Aug 10 03:12:52 GMT 2006

If all you want to do is make your printer available to XP, you do not
need Samba. CUPS printers are available to XP computers through IPP.
Connect to your printer from XP as
http://servername:631/printers/printername. Other than that, the printer
setup in XP is normal.

For example, I have a Samsung ML-1210 printer connected to my Linux
server named semper. In XP, the connection is
http://semper:631/printers/ML-1210. Samba is not used at all to make
this connection.