[Samba] OS/2 client crash on "Find Close2"

Andreas Taegener atsamba11 at eideltown.de
Wed Aug 9 11:46:20 GMT 2006

On 08.08.2006, at 11:19, Andreas Paulick wrote:

> Andreas Taegener schrieb:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have just migrated an old OS/2 file server to a Linux box with
>> Samba 3.0.23a. Now the OS/2 clients crash from time to time. I found
>> a way to reproduce/force the crash using PMMail and did some
>> experiments.
>>
>> The popuplog.os2 on the clients (Warp4 and eComStation) always names
>> a sys3175 in pmshell.exe / doscall1.dll.
>>
>> Using Ethereal and comparing the network traffic between a) a client
>> and the Samba server and b) the same client and an OS/2 server (in
>> this setup the client doesn't crash) I found at least one difference
>> in the SMB protocol. It is the "Find Close2 Response" SMB message.
>> [snip]
>>
> The sys 3175 in pmshell at accesses sounds to me like broken
> EA-Support. Especially Pmmail and WPSWizard struggles at the loss of
> EAs.  The only solution I have found so far is a downgrade to Samba
> 3.0.18? (I dont know the exact the last working version) where the EAs
> still works.

I looked at the EA stuff and you might be right. There is a difference
in the logs regarding the EAs of PMMAIL.INI (OS/2 ini format). I have
sent Guenther some log files. Maybe he finds something.

Are you successfully using Samba 3.0.18 or some other version? I will
give it a try when no other solution comes up.

Regards
Andreas