[Samba] ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

Mark Hansen mark at javector.com
Mon Aug 7 20:10:36 GMT 2006

No matter what I do to configure samba and/or my linux client, I get
this error.  Can someone take a look at the particulars below and see if
you can help me out?  Thanks

mhansen at debian01:~$ cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]

# Do something sensible when Samba crashes: mail the admin a backtrace
    workgroup = Javector
    netbios name = debian01
    encrypt passwords = true
    passdb backend = tdbsam guest
    security = user
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY

[homes]
    read only = no
    browseable = no
    create mode = 0750

[shared]
   path = /backups/smb/shared
   valid users = mhansen mark lorraine elizabeth
   public = no
   writeable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0765

This line is in the client machine's /etc/fstab:

//debian01/shared /smb/debian01-shared smbfs
     rw,lfs,user,auto,credentials=/etc/javector/.debian01creds 0 0

devglassfish at soabookdev:~$ cat /etc/javector/.debian01creds
username=adminusr
password=admin

I have added adminusr on the samba server via smbpasswd ....

debian01:/home/mhansen# smbpasswd -a adminusr
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:

I have restarted samba ....

debian01:/home/mhansen# /etc/init.d/samba restart
Stopping Samba daemons: nmbd smbd.
Starting Samba daemons: nmbd smbd.

but, when I try to mount client machine ....

soabookdev:~# mount /smb/debian01-shared
18145: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed