[Samba] Question about windows xp behaviour regarding multiple connections

MrJ Man auxsvr at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 17:24:33 GMT 2006

Greetings,
Occasionally, when I start windows xp sp1 and try to
login to home directories on a samba 3.0.20b-3.5-SUSE
server I get the message about multiple connections,
even though net use returns nothing. Some information
that may help is that smbstatus reports a connection
to the IPC$ share and that I have installed demon
tools, which uses a device driver to access files on
the share. Ethereal reports 2 tree connect requests to
the aforementioned share and 1 to IPC$ followed with a
logoff.

Thank you for your time.