[Samba] Samba, Home Directories and Roaming Profiles

tim at qfoke.com tim at qfoke.com
Sun Aug 6 15:28:00 GMT 2006

Hey guys,

Got an interesting problem for you all.

I am currently running Samba 3.0212 on a Fedora Core 5 server.  I am trying to
set up the users' home directories and profile paths.

This is how I want it to work.

I have a share called "Home" to store all the home directories.  So for example
the home directory path would be \\server\home\user.  I want to set the Profile
path to \\server\home\user\Profile.

However, when I try and change the defaults using pdbedit using 'pdbedit user
-h"\\\\server\\home\\user" -p"\\\\server\\home\\user\\Profile"', it doesn't
actually change.  The home directory is still \\server\user, and the profile is
still \\server\user\profile.

Is there any reason this happens?

Cheers!