[Samba] Re: Lost All Win95 connections to Samba

Douglas D Germann Sr 76066.515 at CompuServe.com
Fri Aug 4 18:11:59 GMT 2006

<<Nanni X <nannix <at> nodalis.it> writes:

> Hi Douglas,
> what do you think about a switch (or hub, of course) failure?
> Did you test the low level connection? Perhaps you can start with a ping
> from w95 to any other station and vice versa.
>
> Let me know
>
> NanniX

Nanni--

Thanks, Nanni!

Switch or hub failure. That is interesting. I am having trouble connecting (from
 any station) to pop.compuserve.com to collect my POP3 e-mail, and have been
trouble shooting that for a couple of weeks. The problem there is that I can
connect to compuserve and get my e-mail just fine if I remove the *router*
(Linksys WRT54G), but not with the router in place.

But if we can ping from any station to any station (which we can), that goes
through the switch I have, right? (A Linksys EZXS16W) And all stations (except
that one) are able to browse the Web.

Sorry, I don't know what a "low level connection" is. I'll try it if you tell me
 what it is. <grin>

Thanks, Nanni!

:- Doug.