[Samba] Re: Issues with cifs mounts following Samba upgrade to 3.0.23a

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Aug 1 20:47:55 GMT 2006

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 08:18:42PM +0000, Damian Sinclair wrote:

>  I guess there's a bit of concern that this problem will cause a fair number of
> systems to stop working in a way that isn't entirely easy to diagnose or
> resolve, so causing a lot of frustration. I have no idea how the community
> handles issues like these, but have the samba team notified the relevant
> repository and distro managers about the bug?

I'm sorry about the problem but fixed it as soon as I knew about it,
and we'll be releasing a 3.0.23b asap to fix this issue. Package
maintainers for Samba on distros should be on samba-technical, so
we haven't done any asynchronous notification - we only do that
for security bugs via vendor-sec.

Jeremy.