[Samba] smbldap-useradd.pl - non root user

Vojtech Moravek vmoravek at atlas.cz
Sat Apr 29 10:12:41 GMT 2006

Hello all,
i must use smbldap-useradd.pl with non root privileges.

problem is with create more than one user (even batch process) like in
this example:

batch.sh:
usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -d NEWID -m -B 1 -G 547 -c "test1"
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -d NEWID -m -B 1 -G 547 -c "test2"
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -d NEWID -m -B 1 -G 547 -c "test3"

batch works ok when is ran under root user.

bun non root user, smbldap scrip can create only first user"row" and
other cannot because this error message:

User SID already owned by
uid=test1,dc=test,dc=cz

I found that problem is that non-root user cannot find another free uid
(although getpwid() from smbldap-useradd.pl seems work good)

I think that problem is somewhere between smbldap-useradd.pl and system
limits(rights).

Do you know where could be problem ?

Thanks Vojtech