[Samba] Permissions for share

Chris Boyd Chris.Boyd at usit.ie
Wed Apr 26 13:16:12 GMT 2006

Users are now able to edit files except for MS Office files on the share.
When ever they edit an excel or word file it wants to create a new file and gives respective user as the owner.
I did the chmod g+s and force create mode 0660/force directory mode 0770 but it didn't seem to make any difference (yes I've restarted nmb/smb).

Chris Boyd
Systems Engineer
USIT
19-21 Aston Quay