[Samba] Samba Login Problem on Windows

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Mon Apr 24 15:23:04 GMT 2006

justStormY wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem of using samba on a windows xp client. When i'll try
> to connect to the domain and create a machine account all works. But
> when i'm rebooting the system and try to logon there appears an error.
> log.smbd tells me the following error: sambatest has user sid
> S-1-5-21-............................(the dots are for the long code
> ;)) but group sid
> S-1-5-21-...................................................
> The conflicting domain portions are not supported for NETLOGON calls.
>
> So then i'll tryed "net groupmap lits | sort" and that tells me of 4
> Domain Admins, 4 Domain Guests and 4 Domain Users. But only one of
> ones will be rooted to linux groups root,users,nobody...
> I think there is the mistake or?
> But how can i remove the 3 not-important entrys or how to edit the
> /var/lib/samba/group_mapping.tdb
>
> Or is it a other error and not theese what i mean?
>
> I'm really happy about fast help, cause it's really important to me.
>
> Thank's Markus Humm

Are the user & group SIDs the same except for the last group of numbers?
The error message seems to be saying that you've got the sambatest user
is one domain but the group it belongs is in another. You should be able
to delete the user then recreate it. If everything else is correct, you
should be able to log on.