[Samba] performance regression between 30.14a and 3.0.20

Greg Dickie greg at max-t.com
Mon Apr 24 14:56:29 GMT 2006

Hey Jeremy,

Sorry, I'm at NAB in vegas and a little burned myself.... so we graph
output from /proc/diskstats when we test. If I run a test with 3.0.21c
the wio (field 7) and wblk (field 9) stats both show activity. This does
not happen with 3.0.14a. eg: it appears that there is double the amount
of write traffic.

Does that make any more sense?

Thanks,
Greg