[Samba] samba+ldap: authentication probelm.

balijepalli srikrishnamohan bskmohan at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 11:39:18 GMT 2006

Hello Group,

I am using RH9, samba-3.-.22. And i have
openldap-2.3.11. on another
machine.
Using mkntpwd i got NT/LM passwords and gave it's
output in the ldif file
for sambaNTPassword and sambaLMPassword attribute
types.
when i tried to authenticate by giving the username
and plain text
equivalent of the NT/LM password, i got the following
error:
 session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE.

Pls tell me the reason why i am getting the error.
(For adding users i am not using smbldap-tools
package.)

Also clarify me in that the object class for samba
users is sambaAccount or sambaSamAccount.
Coz some website's specify sambaAccount.

regards,
krishnam