[Samba] Problem with Samba PDC, W2k SP4 + rollup clients, user accounts

Asier Baranguán abaranguan at elpagestion.com
Fri Apr 21 12:20:58 GMT 2006

Asier escribió:

>> I suspect the error is produced by some microsoft update, but I'm not
>> sure.
>
> I respond to myself... a freshly installed XP SP2 Machine cannot join the
> domain (ELPABI) tellin me there´s an DNS error while trying to get
> resources registry (or something like that, it's in spanish)

I re-answer to myself... I've found the problem.

The "offender was:

	wins support = no

In my /etc/samba/smb.conf. When the domain was created it was 'yes', but after some
problems with a vserver virtual machine I set it to false. That was about two months ago.

After I setted it to 'yes' and adjusted dnsmasq to serve it clients all worked again :)