[Samba] Browsing problem

Bokodi László boki at pillerkft.hu
Thu Apr 20 17:20:32 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have a problem with browsing, (maybe not problem, but i can't configure it successfully)

I have two subnets:

A                                                         B

------------------------                                   ---------------------------

10.254.129.0/24 |                                  | 10.254.128.0/24

                        |------- Firewall/Router-----|

Two Win2k3 DC|           (dhcp relay)       | Samba 3.0.21b (Debian)

(dhcp,dns)        |                                   | Win XP

I have configured the SAMBA to use AD authenticaton perfectly, but I'm in trouble with the Browsing List.

In the subnet B, I have an XP, and i can't browse computers in Subnet A after started nmbd. If I don't start nmbd the local master browser is the XP and I can see other computers of Subnet A.

Firewall accept SMB connections between subnets. I tried to start samba with local master and prefferred master option, but

It wasn't succesfull. I don't want to use WINS.

Can you help me resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Boki