[Samba] Oplocks break and no route to host problems

Mon Apr 17 14:50:18 GMT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 01:44:31PM +0200, xavier wrote:
> I' m experiencing many problems with oplocks break failure and Error: no
> route to host.essentialy onto \profiles dir and \netlogon dir.
> So My clients cannot update many files on the SAMBA/PDC and cannot read
> the NTconfig.pol file to update their policies.
> I have many PC that are old computers with Win2k and have an Antivirus
> and are slower machines ...
> This problem less occurs on newer machines.
> I have seen searching the web that I may disable oplock (oplock = False)
> into the smb.conf and "level 2 oplock" too.
> I don' t now if my default configuration have this parameter set cause I
> don't see it into my smb.conf.
> But perhaps I can play with a delay parameter that I could but bigger,
> is it possible ?

The only thing that makes sense here is to completely
disable oplocks, although this does not solve your real
problem.

99% this is your network, maybe some broken switch, more
likely problems with network card drivers either on clients
or the server.

Volker