[Samba] Active directory authentification with Samba

Simon Renshaw simon at castortech.com
Thu Apr 13 18:07:27 GMT 2006

You mean this? http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/kerberos.html Or do you mean something the HOWTO section?

While there are indeed a lot of examples in it, it seems to deal with Windows shares under a Samba domain. No my situation.

Or there is too much fluff and I just missed it.

I will rephrase what I want to do. I want to share / (read and write) and make it available to everybody that is in the Domain Users group of AD. Simple, no?

So in my smb.conf file, the share will look like that?

[root]
        path = /
        writeable = yes
        guest ok = yes
	  valid users = @"MONTREAL\Domain Users"

But the Domain Users group is in the Users OU. Should I put Montreal\Users\Domain Users instead?

I have only 1 Linux server and 5-6 users so security (or the lack of it) is not a problem.

Oh, and I never used SWAT.

Thanks!
Simon