[Samba] 3.0.21c winbind crash

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Wed Apr 12 17:22:12 GMT 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 07:02:22PM +0200, Thomas Limoncelli wrote:
> Thomas Limoncelli wrote:
> >After running successfully for some time, it now refuses to start after
> >a reboot. The domain-specific winbindd instances are even crashing. :-(
> >Do the logs below ring a bell with anyone?
>
> myself :-)
>
> "cp /dev/null /var/lib/samba/winbindd_cache.tdb" fixed it for the
> moment. Shall I finally file a bugzilla entry for this?

Yes, please.

> 3.0.21c still
> seems to corrupt this file on a daily basis and fall over it on next
> startup. IIRC I've already sent a sample file privately to Jerry.
> Anything else I can do?

As you're seeing this on SuSE 9.3, can you follow the debug recommendations on
http://en.opensuse.org/Samba and then generate a gdb backtrace, that will help
us a lot. Also please upload your corrupted tdb file, if possible. For all
debugging please use the latest rpm packages available for your SuSE version.

Guenther
--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Novell / SUSE LINUX                       gd at suse.de
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org