[Samba] 3.0.21c winbind crash

Thomas Limoncelli limoncelli at web.de
Wed Apr 12 17:02:22 GMT 2006

Thomas Limoncelli wrote:
> After running successfully for some time, it now refuses to start after
> a reboot. The domain-specific winbindd instances are even crashing. :-(
> Do the logs below ring a bell with anyone?

myself :-)

"cp /dev/null /var/lib/samba/winbindd_cache.tdb" fixed it for the
moment. Shall I finally file a bugzilla entry for this? 3.0.21c still
seems to corrupt this file on a daily basis and fall over it on next
startup. IIRC I've already sent a sample file privately to Jerry.
Anything else I can do?

-TL