[Samba] File Permissions

Dracula countofdracula at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 12:20:58 GMT 2006

Hello

I trying to grasp the file permissions on Linux.  I have Samba installed
and functioning properly...

I think I understand perimission in this environment with one exception:
I need to add more than one group to a file/folder.  With Windows..the
security tab would allow any number of Groups and each group could have
different permissions.  (As well with files and subdirectories).  With
Linux Im not "seeing" this ability to add multiple groups to a
file/folder.  Is this a limitation to the Linux environment?  We have
several situations where we allow a user to "List Content" but down into
the folder structure allow the user to Read some folders and others
Read/Write.

Thanks

Regards,

Komal