[Samba] Default Network Profile

Gururajan Ramachandran gramacha at nyx.net
Tue Apr 11 10:56:29 GMT 2006

Is there anyway in Samba3, to be able to use a Default Network Profile
without Roaming Profiles? That is, use Local Profiles only but enable
Default Network Profiles so that if a user without a Local Profile logs
into the domain via a workstation, the Default Network Profile will be
used to create a Local Profile for that user. Currently, the behavior is
to not create a Local Profile and reject the login attempt for a user who
does not have a Local Profile on a machine when Roaming Profiles are turned
off in Samba3. Atleast, this is my observation unless I am doing something
wrong?

Guru