[Samba] win2003 access smb share

Matt Richards matt at mattstone.net
Mon Apr 10 14:08:13 GMT 2006

i would of thought that would be a problem with the server not being
able to resolv the samba name
what does ..  ping samba from XP and 2k3 show ?

If you run a wins server like the win2k3 server i would just add a
mapping for samba to the ip addr of the samba server .. or
if you have a dns suffix of say hello.com setup then adding a dns entry
of samba.hello.com should allow them to resolv it when they contact samba

or you could just shove an entry in your hosts file on your server lol.

Matt.