[Samba] win2003 access smb share

jbuburuz at sce.carleton.ca jbuburuz at sce.carleton.ca
Mon Apr 10 13:15:50 GMT 2006

Hi all,

What I got:

Samba running on a RH box, smb version 3.0.10-1
My smb.conf has the following:
Security = server

Windows 2003 AD server(Authentication server)

The samba server smb.conf points to the win2003 server for authentication.
This works great! Samba users can access there stuff(files, printers,
shares).

Problem:

The windows 2003 server cannot access shares? For example:

c:\net use x: \\samba\printers
---error "network name not found" ---

Although the XP clients have no problems, they can access access samba
shares, and they are authenticating with windows 2003 server.
I have also made the change to the windows 2003 server "Digitally sign
communications" disabled thinnking this might be the casue of the problem.

Some other notes: The windows 2003 server was a 2000 server, upgraded. I
know this is more of a windows problem, but the windows server can access
other 2003/2000 servers through "net use x: \\someMSbox\share" with no
problems. The win3k server cannot access any samba server share!

Is there another security policy edit I have to do to win3k?

Hope I provided enough detail.

Any help, thoughts is appreciated.

thanks,

jerry