[Samba] samba 3 performance issues

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Sun Apr 9 12:02:57 GMT 2006

hi,

these questions especially go out to greg and collen:

1) (after some windows tweaking, coz windows isn't gb lan ready by
default!!!!)
-> how did you tweak windows in detail?

2) I can tell you this, if you have the RAID-5 setup not-optimally to work
with the block sizing on your Filesystem you'll never get excellent
throughput.
-> so if i have a block size of 4kb in my filesystem i should also have
4kb blocks on the raid device? is this what you mean? is there any good
article about the relationship between block sizes, file systems and
raid-subsystems online? i'm very interested in this

many thanks in advance!!
micha