[Samba] Not able to join domain

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 14:28:57 GMT 2006

At 04/06/06 09:09, Bruno Guerreiro wrote:
>Hi.

 From my SuSE 10.0 man page on net, in the rpc section:

         [RPC|ADS] JOIN [TYPE]   [-U username[%password]] [options]

An instruction to join a domain as PDC, then, would be <net rpc join
PDC>.  The username can be supplied on the same command line (I don't
recommend adding the password, also, at this point--maybe I'm just
excessively paranoid), and you'll be prompted for the password, or
you can omit the username, also, and you'll be prompted for both the
user and the password.

You can set Domain master via smb.conf, but that's not the same thing
as setting PDC.

Eric Hines

>Best Regards,
>Bruno Guerreiro
>
> > Eric Hines

The mode in which the inevitable comes to pass is through effort.
         --Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr