[Samba] Trouble with ntlm_auth

Michael St. Laurent mikes at hartwellcorp.com
Fri Sep 30 16:28:43 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting ntlm_auth working with the
"--require-membership-of=" option.  I did rebuild the Samba RPM so that it
had the --enable-auth="ntlm,basic" and
--enable-external-acl-helpers="wbinfo_group" settings.  The command line
test for the squid-2.5-basic protocol returns an "OK".  The one using the
squid-2.5-ntlmssp protocol returns what looks like a line that should be
going to a log file and then a "BH".  Any time that I add the
--require-membership parameter to the ntlm_auth line in my squid.conf file
it fails every time.  Below are the config lines I'm using:

# Experimental Domain Authentication
auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
--require-membership-of=MERCURY\WebAccess
auth_param ntlm children 30
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic --require-membership-of=MERCURY\WebAccess
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

acl AuthorizedUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow all AuthorizedUsers

--