[Samba] Joining XPPro failed

David Clymer david at hrcsb.org
Thu Sep 29 17:02:40 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 09:24 +0700, yaya wrote:
> I've installed Samba [samba-3.0.10-1.fc2.i386] with ldap backend and using
> smbldap-tools.
> Following the instructions of The Linux Samba-OpenLDAP Howto (Revision
> 1_10 ) and Smbldap-tools User Manual (Release 0_8_7 ) from IDEALX.
>
> When I am joining XPPro SP2, I got the Access Denied message.
> I was doing it as Administrator of the domain that has uid=0.
> Should I do this as root, so I have to create user root?
>
> I installed smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1.noarch that was patched for
> smbldap-useradd.
> I set log level to 0, but I didn't find anything related in it.
>
> Any clues or ideas so I can join XPPro to the samba domain?

The solution is in another thread:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-September/111520.html

This works for 3.0.14a. It requires a config option which I think is
fairly new, so I don't know whether it is in 3.0.10 or not.

-davidc

--
The one real object of education is to have a man in the condition of
continually asking questions. -Bishop Mandell Creighton