[Samba] Joining XPPro failed

yaya MaceWinX at HotPOP.com
Thu Sep 29 02:24:06 GMT 2005

I've installed Samba [samba-3.0.10-1.fc2.i386] with ldap backend and using
smbldap-tools.
Following the instructions of The Linux Samba-OpenLDAP Howto (Revision
1_10 ) and Smbldap-tools User Manual (Release 0_8_7 ) from IDEALX.

When I am joining XPPro SP2, I got the Access Denied message.
I was doing it as Administrator of the domain that has uid=0.
Should I do this as root, so I have to create user root?

I installed smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1.noarch that was patched for
smbldap-useradd.
I set log level to 0, but I didn't find anything related in it.

Any clues or ideas so I can join XPPro to the samba domain?

Thank you very much,
yaya