[Samba] Password problem

Sven Holmström (KC/EMW) sven.holmstrom at ericsson.com
Thu Sep 29 15:34:00 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I have an odd problem concerning passwords.
The same results i both 3.0.10 and 3.0.20.

I want to lockout user after they used the wrong passwd 3 times.
I'll use: pdbedit -P "bad lockout attempt" -C 3
It does not stick? The user can keep trying forever.

If I use -C 1, it works - any other number fails.

pdbedit -Lv does not count bad password at all.

The Samba-box is running Solaris 9 and acting as the domain master.
The clients are running XP-pro.

Thanks for any help.

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = rocco.mil
        netbios name = rocco
        server string = Samba %v on (%L)
        encrypt passwords = yes
        unix password sync = yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        time server = yes
        log level = 2
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 1000

        domain master = yes
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        os level = 65

        security = user
        domain logons = yes
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u\%m
          logon script = logon.bat
          logon drive = H:
          logon home = \\%L\%u\.win_profile\%m