[SOLVED] Re: [Samba] VFS recycle - doesn't work for some users

Patrick DUBAU patrick.dubau at alsace.iufm.fr
Thu Sep 29 15:15:21 GMT 2005

Strange thing : my .corbeille folder had the following rights
   drwx--S---   2 patrick.dubau   INFORMATIQUE   4096 2005-09-29 11:00
.corbeille
With these rights only patrick.dubau  deleted  files  are put  in
.corbeille

I changed the rights to drwxrws---   2 patrick.dubau   INFORMATIQUE
4096 2005-09-29 17:05 .corbeille
and now it works for any one.

> Hi,
>
> configured samba to handle the deletded files in the recycle directory.
> My problem : for some users the deleted files go into the specified
> directory for other the files are just deleted and no  put  in the
> recycle directory.
> Does someone already had this problem ?
>
> My configuration
> [info]
> path = /samba/info
> write list = @informatique
> directory mask = 2770
> create mask = 0770
> browseable = yes
>
> vfs objects = recycle
> recycle:repository = .corbeille
> recycle:keeptree = no
> recycle:versions = yes
> recycle:touch = yes
> recycle:exclude = ~$*|*.tmp
>
> samba 3.0.14a-3
>
> Thanks for any help

Patrick DUBAU
IUFM d'Alsace -  Service Informatique : "Parfois détruire, souvent construire, toujours Servir"
200 avenue de Colmar 67100 STRASBOURG
Téléphone: 03.88.40.79.76