[Samba] Can Samba be used to push out updates and hotfixes

Douglas Phillipson dougp at intermind.net
Wed Sep 28 20:43:41 GMT 2005

I have the Official Samba 3 and Samba-3 by example books, although not
the second edition copies.  But I can't seem to find out how to push out
patches and hotfixes with Samba.  Is this not possible at this time?

I don't have a lot of experience with Windows but I am going to have to
deal with this issue soon.

I think I understand that pushing out policies is possible.

Is Microsoft designing its OS intentionally to subvert what Samba can do?

Thanks

Doug P