[Samba] Re: Need HELP in upgrading SAMBA 2.2.12 to 3.0.20

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 28 19:25:43 GMT 2005

  You accidentally asked the development list this...

  However, the program is quite compatible, and upgrades easily.

  If you want to be careful, install the new samba somewhere other
than on your production machine, then run the new version of
testparm on the smb.conf file from your older system.  Ask
this list about any errors and warnings (and CC me (:-)).
  Then try using the new samba to provide the same kinds
of files, and change over when you're confident.

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest