[Samba] Roaming Profiles

Mick HOWELL m_howell at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 28 11:41:29 GMT 2005

Ladies/Gents;

I have been using Linux for a couple of years (home network) and have been
using samba for simple shares for XP clients. I have recently configured the
samba server to be a domain controller and have configured same for roaming
profiles. I have followed instruction according to the Using Samba pages and
the domain is working fine and users can log on. There is a discrepancy in
the profiles in that one XP client creates the user directories as
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>.<domainname>\... while another XP
client simply creates the user directories as C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\... This is in turn causing conflicts in the roaming
profiles.

Any ideas?? Thanx,

Mick