[Samba] Slow shutdowns and tmp files?[VASCL:A1037FCE7F5]

Richmond Dyes rdyes at monroehosp.org
Tue Sep 27 13:01:22 GMT 2005

I am having problems with long shutdown periods. The machines are
building  large tmp files, like prf2E6.tmp.  These files are over 1
gig.  I am running Windows 2000 and Windows XP clients to a Redhat ES
4.0 with Samba 3.0.14. I have a domain setup. In each of these machines
there are large amounts of files in My Documents.  When I end up with
these tmp files, the clients build temp profiles.  How can this be avoided.