[Samba] Re: locking.tdb: expand_file ftruncate to 8192 failed (Permission denied)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Sep 21 23:34:32 GMT 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 01:01:45AM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Should I generate a more verbose debug log (what log level
> settings?) and place it somewhere on the net?
>
> I wonder how I'm triggering that code path, it certainly isn't seen by
> the typical RHEL4 installs. The lock directory is set to reside on a
> GFS filesystem, could that make a difference (shouldn't as it is
> supposed to be POSIX compliant local-fs-like filesystem)?

Oh almost certainly that's the problem. Did you test my test program
on a GFS filesystem ? Doesn't GFS use crypto credentials to prevent
people hijacking root ? If that's the case I bet they break POSIX
semantics w.r.t. this.

Why are you putting the locking db on a GFS filesystem anyway. That's
madness !

Jeremy.