[Samba] Re: locking.tdb: expand_file ftruncate to 8192 failed (Permission denied)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Sep 21 23:01:45 GMT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 03:50:00PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 12:47:08AM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >
> > This is RHEL4 on x86_64.
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 03:00:44PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > > Can you run this test program on your system to check the behaviour ?
> > > This program runs correctly on SuSE Linux 9.3 and Fedora Core 2.
> > >
> > > If it doesn't run I think it may be a bug on your UNIX.
> >
> > I tested it and it runs successfully.
> >
> > Is there a chance that the fd isn't opened by root in
> > set_delete_on_close?
>
> I'll take a look at the code-paths to see if that can
> happen. Didn't think so...

Should I generate a more verbose debug log (what log level
settings?) and place it somewhere on the net?

I wonder how I'm triggering that code path, it certainly isn't seen by
the typical RHEL4 installs. The lock directory is set to reside on a
GFS filesystem, could that make a difference (shouldn't as it is
supposed to be POSIX compliant local-fs-like filesystem)?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net