[Samba] wbinfo returns Error looking up domain users

Henti Smith henti at geekware.co.za
Mon Sep 12 23:02:51 GMT 2005

Hi all, 

We have the following setup : 

PDC (samba/ldap)

this was all originally setup on 2.0.9 and was working fine.

We upgraded to 2.0.20 a few days now wbinfo doens't work. 
We use usrmgr.exe for admin and no users show up and only the BULTIN groups show up.

zeus ~ # wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users
zeus ~ # wbinfo -g
BUILTIN/Print Operators
BUILTIN/Backup Operators
zeus ~ # wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was  (0x0)
Could not check secret
zeus ~ # wbinfo -m
zeus ~ # 

As you can see it seems like winbind doesn't seem to getting details from the PDC. 

We setup the wins server on the PDC and then BDC talks to WINS on PDC. this was working before upgrading. 
I have noticed a few posts regarding this problem, but no responses apart from one stating NOT to use winbind on PDC.

We have moved it but still the same result. 

I'm busy downgrading to 2.0.14 to see if this will help for now. 

Any Ideas ? 

Henti Smith
henti at geekware.co.za
+27 82 958 2525


Unauthorised use of characters, images, sounds, odors, severed limbs, noodles, wierd dreams, strange looking fruit, oxygen, and certain parts of Jupiter are strictly forbidden.  If I find you violating, or molesting my property in any way, I will employ a pair of burly convicts to find you, kidnap you, and perform god-awful sexual experiments on you until you lose the ability to sound out vowels.  I don't know why you are still reading this, but by doing so you have proven that you have far too much time on your hands, and you should go plant a tree, or read a book or something.
	- http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

More information about the samba mailing list