[Samba] wbinfo returns Error looking up domain users

Henti Smith henti at geekware.co.za
Wed Sep 14 00:24:34 GMT 2005

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 01:02:51 +0200
Henti Smith <henti at geekware.co.za> wrote:

> I'm busy downgrading to 2.0.14 to see if this will help for now.

this has not helped.

I'm not getting any joy, and sadly no responces.

I've gone back to 3.0.20 again.

i've added all the patches on samba site as well.

I'm now getting :

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc0000022)
Could not check secret

when trying to run wbinfo -t

Is there anyway to debug wbinfo to see what it's trying to do. I don't mean debug winbind but what winbind is sending to
samba/ldap or something.

As mentioned before samba and ldap is working fine. all the normal operations are working fine just winbind thats not working
anymore.

When I use the usrmgr.exe I see the groups but no users. I can add groups and users per nomal they just don't show up.

I'm going to try and build another BDC and join to domain and see if I can get something work that way to test with.

--
Henti Smith
henti at geekware.co.za
+27 82 958 2525
http://www.geekware.co.za

DISCLAIMER :

Unauthorised use of characters, images, sounds, odors, severed limbs, noodles, wierd dreams, strange looking fruit, oxygen, and certain parts of Jupiter are strictly forbidden.  If I find you violating, or molesting my property in any way, I will employ a pair of burly convicts to find you, kidnap you, and perform god-awful sexual experiments on you until you lose the ability to sound out vowels.  I don't know why you are still reading this, but by doing so you have proven that you have far too much time on your hands, and you should go plant a tree, or read a book or something.
	- http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/