[Samba] cups driver

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Fri Sep 9 13:12:11 GMT 2005

[print$]
   comment = Printer Drivers
   path = /var/lib/samba/printers
   browseable = yes
>> why you set browseable = yes ?, normally browseable = no
   read only = yes
   guest ok = yes
# Uncomment to allow remote administration of Windows print drivers.
# Replace 'ntadmin' with the name of the group your admin users are
# members of.
  write list = root, @ntadmin

I suppose that administrator is in ntadmin group ?

[global]
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        dns proxy = no
        netbios name = pykota
        security = user
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        server string = sprint
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        invalid users = root
        obey pam restrictions = yes
        workgroup = PyKoTa
        os level = 20
        auto services = printers
        encrypt passwords = true
        syslog = 0
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passdb backend = tdbsam guest
        max log size = 1000
        load printer = Yes
        printing = cups
        printcap name = cups

        use client driver = yes
Please modify this line : use client driver = no.

The permission of /var/lib/printers is correct.

try with no invalid users parameter in a second step

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be at lists.samba.org a écrit sur
09/09/2005 15:02:12 :