[Samba] net rpc group add mygroup - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Thomas Wild tw at adog.de
Sun Sep 4 10:30:45 GMT 2005

does not work.

Hi - I'm a little bit desperated.

I've samba configured as an PDC with openldap as an information backend.
Normally with tdb files I can do the command

net rpc group add mygroup

and this works. But if I switch to ldapsam I get the failure message

root at balu-bash(1:10)# net rpc group add mygroup
Password:
add group failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I'm quite sure that the permissions are correctly set, and the password
is also ok. The new group will be found in /etc/group but not in the
ldaptree.

I debugged everything with logfiles and strace but I can't find the
reason. Any consideration would be great.

tnx

- Thomas

Linux 2.6.5-7
Samba 3.0.20
opendlap 2.2.26

smb.conf:
         passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost/
         domain master = Yes
         wins proxy = Yes
         wins support = Yes
         ldap port = 389
         ldap suffix = dc=samba,dc=me,dc=de
         ldap admin dn = cn=administrator,dc=samba,dc=me,dc=de
         ldap delete dn = Yes
         ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap
         ldap user suffix = ou=users
         ldap group suffix = ou=groups
         ldap machine suffix = ou=hosts
         ldap passwd sync = Yes
         ldap ssl = no
         ldap timeout = 5

slap.conf:

access to dn.subtree="dc=samba,dc=me,dc=de" attr=userPassword
        by dn="cn=administrator,dc=samba,dc=me,dc=de" write
        by self write
        by anonymous auth

--
                  Les Templiers sont parmi nous