[Samba] SID problems...

Paul Furness paul.furness at vil.ite.mee.com
Fri Sep 2 15:53:16 GMT 2005

You can change the SID on the fly if you want.

To keep the same SID, go to machine before you change anything and use:

net getlocalsid > TEXTFILE.TXT

Then edit TEXTFILE.TXT and remove everything but the SID.

After changing domain name, use

net setlocalsid < TEXTFILE.TXT

It is recommended not to change domain name after setting up as this
will always change the SID. I don't believe you can stop this happening,
but you can use getlocalsid and setlocalsid to restore the original sid
when you change the domain name.

Paul.