[Samba] Re: Samba PDC + Openldap (no database connection established after reboot)

Fri Sep 2 14:28:04 GMT 2005

Finally, one I can answer!

> Hi, all.  I really need your helps in determing what I did wrong.  I have
> been trying to setup Samba PDC (not using TLS at this initial stage yet) by
> hand on SLES 9.1 and did not use YAST because somehow it just did not work.
>
> I followed all the steps from the "The Linux Samba-OpenLDAP Howto (1.10)
> from IDEALX.org) and Chapter 5 Making Happy Users from the book and a bunch
> of other papers, and finally I got something working.  I was able to do:

<snip>

> Basically many steps recommended for testing and all the outputs are correct
> according to the example outputs.   I did turn on debbuging values for all
> components and everything seems to work ok without any errors.
>
> So I rebooted the server and then after everything came up, I tried to do
> these testings again,
> Now slapcat, ldsearch would show no outputs and the log show no error of any
> kinds (from my intepretation).
>
> I set up everything again and backup all the config files just in case.  I
> rebooted the server and the same problem happened.

Are you by any chance using ReiserFS?

There is a bug in the SuSE kernel in SLES9 (there is no SLES9.1 by the
way, though SLES9 is up to sp2 now). SuSE just issued an update
yesterday for this bug, so all you need to do is run YAST and update
your kernel and you're good to go.

--

Charles