[Samba] Samba/Ldap as BDC for ADS

Patrick blitz pb at fulgor.org
Mon Oct 31 08:12:28 GMT 2005

I'm sorry if this has been asked a quadrillion times before, but i was just wondering about it:

I know samba can't be a BDC for ADS. I also know that OpenLDAP can sync with a MS ADS Server. Samba can also auth against both ldap and ADS. so, shoudln't it be possible to use a Samba/openLdap server combination as a Local Master kind of think as a type of BDC for an ADS Domain?

Or are there hugher obstacles like there beeing no way to tell the windows clients who's their second-in-command master?

Thanks a bunch, guys

Patrick