[Samba] Roaming and local profiles EXTRANGE problem!!

Daniel Ruiz Jimenez druiz at gruposied.com
Mon Oct 31 06:44:46 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel Ruiz Jimenez
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:44 PM
Subject: Roaming and local profiles EXTRANGE problem!!

Hi,

I'm from Spain, and my name is Daniel. I am desesperated by a problem with samba, and i don't find any solution in google, forums, and so.

I know that you are really tired about stupid questions from beginners or not beginners, but I really need somebody to help me!!!

The problem is:

My clients (winXP and 2000) logged ok on my samba domain. They load their roaming profile, all ok. But....

... something strange happens!!! They load BOTH roaming and LOCAL profiles!! This makes that "old copies" from their profiles (for example, if they didn't access many time ago to a determinate client) are load, like old documents erased from other client.

I found a solution, delete the local profile from clients by a group directive... but my bosses don't like this solution... I'm really desesperated... :(

Please help me... thanks....

My clients are win XP with SP2 and Win2000 with SP4.I's using samba 3.

I post my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = MICASA
        server string = Controlador de Dominio