[Samba] Fax modems and Samba

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sun Oct 30 09:08:32 GMT 2005

Quoting Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>:

It is not hard to extract the telephone number from the fax. I am currently
doing at several locations and it's working like a charm.

The easy way to do it is having a field (for instance "Destination
Fax") in the
document you are sending. When you print the document, Samba will receive a
PostScript document. You only have to grep that document for that field, then
extract the fax number (regular expressions are your friends) and tell Hylafax
to send a fax to that number.

Now, how do I do it? Well, usually every fax has a cover page. You only
have to
tell your people to use a standard cover (it's mandatory in all of my clients)
and have a field in that cover.

Look at this script, you only need to slightly customize it:
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2000-09/msg00071.html