[Samba] 2 TB Limit and Windows XP Pro?

AndyLiebman at aol.com AndyLiebman at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 16:44:04 GMT 2005

Does anyone know if Windows XP Pro (Service Pack  2) will have difficulty
using a Samba share that is larger than 2 TB?

Windows seems to be able to read and write from a share that is larger  than
2 TB -- for instance, Windows will tell me that a share is 4 TBs in size,  and
if I have 1.5 TBs stored on it, it will tell me that 2.5 TB are free. But as
soon as 2 TB of data have been written to the share, Windows reports that the
 share is full and won't write any more.

Is this expected behavior? If  so, is there any Samba setting to get around
this?

Andy Liebman