[Samba] Bind failed on Port xxx Socket error

Edouard Ades edouard.ades at activant.com
Thu Oct 27 16:19:13 GMT 2005

Hi All,

When I tried to start the SMBD service it was saying "not found", thanks
to this forum, I got answer, saying I should type
./ smbd

When I did that, I didn't get any error, it went to anohter line
(:/usr/local/samba/sbin)

But I don't why I'm not able to access the directory where my files are
resides.

When I typed      "ps -ef | grep smbd"
it shows that the samba service was started yesterday (oct-26)but not
today(oct-27).  I know that the service stop working yesterday !!

When I go in the log file (cat log.smbd) it tells me this

 bind failed on port xxx socket_addr=0.0.0.0
Error = The socket name is already in use

Can anybody help with this

Thanks in advanced
Eddy

Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.