[Samba] Samba PDC+XP Logging on problem

Mark Paxton mark at paxton.plus.com
Thu Oct 27 12:39:13 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm running Samba as a PDC on a Debian 3.1 server (samba 3.0.14a-Debian,
kernel 2.4.18-586tsc) but I have some problems with users logging in.

I have two XP machines connecting to it, one machine works fine, users
can log in with no problems, on the other things go wrong, often people
can't log in.

I haven't been able to trace the fault and it doesn't appear to be
consistent; my own login worked then stopped working.  Connecting
through network neighbourhood after logging in as a local user then
works so it's something specific to logging in to the machine.

If anyone could suggest anything or help me out that would be
appreciated.  I've made a copy of the smbd log (log level 5) for both
machines booting up, then logging in - one succeeding and one failing.
I've also got a copy of smb.conf.

http://www.markpaxton.net/samba/smb.conf
http://www.markpaxton.net/samba/log.smbd.success
http://www.markpaxton.net/samba/log.smbd.failure