[Samba] Unknown auth type

Roland Carlsson roland at alfa-moving.se
Thu Oct 27 07:59:58 GMT 2005

Hi!

I have upgraded our samba from 3.0.9 to 3.0.20 when upgrading our server
to Suse 10.0.

But now our  windows-clients have problem to reach the shares in some
circumstances.

They can browse the network find the server and then gain access to the
shares (if the start from "entire network".
They can map a unit to a share.

They can't write in the adress-fields, access denied, even if they copy
the adress from when they browsed the network.

The only thing I find in the logs that seems odd is:

2005/10/27 09:28:06, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_pipe_bind_req(1006)
 api_pipe_bind_req: unknown auth type 9 requested.

but it appers when they get access and not when they are denied.

Samba is trying to authenticate against a Microsoft Activie Directory
2003 sp1 with all patches installd (this monday).
Samba was updated yesterday as stated above.

Any ideas what causes this behavior?

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson